PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
Hey everyone. Everyone on Tumblr is creative in their own way, whether it’s through text posts, image manipulations, creating music, or making videos. My creative expertise happens to be the lattermost - I first and foremost think of myself as a filmmaker. My latest endeavor in that arena is also my most ambitious.
For the past 7 months, I’ve been writing and re-writing a script for a pilot episode of a sitcom that will star me and three of my very talented and hilarious friends. We’re going to start shooting this project, titled “Shift Happens”, next month, but we need financial help in getting it made. Our budget comes out to $5,800, which may seem like a lot, but is actually really cheap for a 25-minute professional-looking video.
Please donate any small amount that you can to our Kickstarter campaign (this entire post is one giant link to the page) so that we can get the pilot episode made, and possibly make more in the future. If you can’t donate anything, at least reblog this so it can reach more potential backers.
I guarantee that you’ll laugh at our show - if you want a sample of how funny we are, just watch the Kickstarter video above and the outtakes compilation that can be found on the “Updates” page.
Thanks so much for your help and support. You’re helping dreams come true <3
The Official JAJ Oscars Drinking Game (2012)
Take 1 drink any time…
- …someone mentions Uggy the dog.
- …someone makes a (liberal) political statement.
- …someone mentions Whitney Houston.
- …someone says “Wow” during their acceptance speech (1 drink per “wow”)
- …the camera cuts to Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie
Take 2 drinks any time…
- …someone thanks God in their acceptance speech.
- …someone says “Scorsese”.
- …someone says something that gets censored.
- …a muppet appears onscreen.
- …Billy Crystal makes reference to his hosting experiences in the past.
Take 3 drinks any time…
- …someone’s acceptance speech gets interrupted by the orchestra playing them off.
- …someone makes a (conservative) political statement.
- …someone makes a reference to The Tree of Life being weird, experimental, pretentious, etc.
- …there’s a mention of Michael Fassbender getting screwed over in these awards.
- …there’s a reference to Twilight.
And the part of the game that will really test your resilience: For every award being given, before the winner is announced, say 1.) Which nominee you want to win, and 2.) Which nominee you expect to win.
- If the winner is the nominee you want to win, congratulations! Take 1 drink!
- If the winner is the nominee you expect to win, you’re so smart! Take 2 drinks!
- If the winner is a nominee you neither wanted or expected to win, learn from your mistakes! Take 3 drinks!
(if you want and expect the same nominee to win, you only need to take 2 drinks if it is, in fact, the winner)